President and CEO
Mark Holweger is President and CEO of Legal & General America’s insurance division, which includes operating companies Banner Life Insurance Company and William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York. He is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business, ensuring service excellence, continued distribution expansion and achievement of the digital transformation strategy.
In 2011, he joined Legal & General Group in the UK where he held a number of senior level positions including Managing Director, Partnerships for Legal & General Insurance and Director of Broker and Intermediary for Legal & General’s General Insurance business. In 2018, Mark relocated to the US as Executive Vice President of Distribution and Marketing for Legal & General America.
Prior to joining Legal & General, Mark was a co-founder of Coverwise.com, an International digital insurance broker, and held various senior roles at other insurers including RSA Insurance Group UK where he was Distribution Director for Emerging markets and AXA Insurance UK where he was Director of Corporate Partnerships.
Mark is an economics graduate and Chartered Insurer. He lives with his wife Rachel, and dog, Poppy, in Potomac, MD and has two daughters.
- LIDMA Board of Directors - See Mark's LIDMA Board Profile
- Video: LIDMA Partner Session with Legal & General America; Life Insurance Direct Marketing Association (Nov. 11, 2020)
- Podcast: It's All About Making A Difference; The Insurance Coffee House Podcast USA (Nov. 10, 2020)
- Video: COVID-19 Impact on the Insurance Industry; NAILBA Virtual Symposium (July 16, 2020)
- Video: Growing Together as an Industry: an interview with Mark Holweger; NAILBA (March 24, 2020)
- Featured Mover: Mark Holweger, Legal & General America; The Daily Record (Nov. 20, 2018)