We invite you to explore our open positions and submit your resume. We offer our full-time staff and eligible part-time staff a highly competitive benefits package which includes:
- Healthcare options: You’ll have your choice of several comprehensive health plans - administered through CIGNA. Premiums are subsidized by Legal & General America.
- Dental plan: Dental coverage is provided by MetLife and again, premiums are subsidized.
- Vision plan: Coverage for glasses and contact lenses is available on a voluntary basis through VSP.
- Group Term Insurance: Coverage equals two times your base salary and Legal & General America pays the premium. As your salary grows, so does your coverage amount.
- Individual Term Insurance: Individual, fully underwritten, Banner or William Penn policies are available to our employees and their spouses at rates lower than our publicly advertised premiums.
- You can have part of your salary deducted on a pre-tax basis to pay for anticipated medical or dependent care and thereby reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
Because we recognize the importance of providing the opportunity for rest, recreation, personal activities and health concerns, our company offers a variety of leave programs.
- Holidays: All employees have seven national holidays and two “floating” holidays to use at their discretion.
- Vacation: New employees can earn 10 working days annually which increases based on length of employment.
- Personal Leave: Personal hours can be used to take care of personal business that must be accomplished during the work week.
- Health Leave: Our health leave is generous. You accrue leave at a rate of two weeks per year. After five years, you’re allowed three. The leave accrues by pay period.
- Other leave plans include: Bereavement Leave, Military Leave, Family Medical Care Leave and Jury Duty Leave.
Legal & General America offers two outstanding plans that help employees achieve their financial goals for retirement.
- 401(k) Savings Plan through Schwab Retirement Plan Services: The Company matches your contribution dollar for dollar up to six percent of your base salary. You can begin contributing on the first of the following quarter after you have been with us 90 days.
- Cash Balance Plan: Once eligible, pension benefits are credited each year based on your years of service to the company at a rate of 4 to 8 percent of your annual base pay. Interest is also paid on existing balances.
Volunteer time paid up to 2 days a year for approved charitable work.
These programs provide employees with income protection should they become unable to work due to serious illness or injury. Short-term disability pays a portion of base salary for up to 26 weeks. Long-term disability pays a portion of base salary and may commence after six months of continuous disability.
Employee knowledge, skills and professional growth are critical to the
continued success of our company. We offer a variety of programs to help
employees become more proficient in their current positions as well as
advance their careers with us.
- Industry Sponsored Courses
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Actuarial Study Program
- Professional Courses and Seminars
- Membership in Industry Committees, Professional Associations and Societies
Employee Assistance Program
Your mental health is as important as your physical, so the Company provides an Employee Assistance Program through an outside confidential source. The program provides guidance/assistance on a variety of personal issues such as child and elder care, finances, stress, conflicts, marital issues, etc.
Just for Fun
Recognizing the need to balance work and leisure, we like to help employees build camaraderie through lots of fun events. A few examples include:
- Sponsorship of employee basketball, softball, volleyball and soccer teams
- A family picnic with games for adults and kids and of course, food, food and more food
- Jeans on Fridays
- Ice Cream Sundae Days
The description above is a brief summary of the benefit plans provided by
Legal & General America, Inc. and its subsidiaries, is not a contractual
document and is subject to change. Full details are made available to
employees at time of hire and occasionally updated. Specific provisions and administrative procedures may apply.