SVP, Distribution, Marketing & Strategic Growth
Jennifer is Senior Vice President, Distribution, Marketing & Strategic Growth of Legal & General America’s insurance division, which includes operating companies Banner Life Insurance Company and William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York. Jennifer is responsible for leading LGA’s growth initiatives across the entire organization through strategy, collaboration, and by creating new capabilities within the brokerage, partnerships, and direct-to-consumer distributions.
Prior to joining Legal & General America, Jennifer was the SVP, Head of Distribution and Sales at Aon Affinity. Jennifer developed and launched an innovative growth strategy around agents and brokers to become one of Aon’s fastest-growing distribution channels. She also worked with insurtech partnerships to identify new capabilities, products, and ways of working to disrupt how they operate today.
Jennifer was the winner of the 2019 Women to Watch award from Business Insurance, 2018 Woman of the Year award from Rough Notes for promoting diversity and inclusion within the insurance industry, is a Board member for Growthsource Academy; and involved in multiple charitable organizations. She is a speaker on industry panels, at Columbia University and is a regular speaker of the Kearns Global Lecture Series.
Jennifer has a BS in Finance from George Mason University and an MBA from Columbia University. She has a passion for community outreach including supporting our homeless youth. She lives in Manhattan, NY with her 14-year old daughter Isabella.
- Growthsource Academy, Board Member
- Aon, Board Member
- 2019 Women to Watch award; Business Insurance (Dec. 2, 2019)
- 2018 Woman of the Year award; Rough Notes (June 29, 2018)
Legal & General America Welcomes Jennifer Torneden, Senior Vice President of Sales & Strategic Growth, Legal & General America (June 1, 2020)
Video: The Changing Role of Global Leaders: What it Takes to Succeed; St. Bonaventure University Kearns Global Business Lecture (2018)
- Keeping Business Going in a Crisis; InsuranceThoughtLeadership.com (April 1, 2020)
- How can brokers grow in 2020; InsuranceThoughtLeadership.com (March 3, 2020)
- 9 Social Do’s and Don’ts for Agents, InsuranceThoughtLeadership.com (Nov. 15, 2019)
- Top 5 Risks in Specialty Insurance, InsuranceThoughtLeadership.com (June 10, 2019)